The video is on the rage. It is no more a secret that video is dominating the online market this year and will continue to do that in future. Because of its versatile nature and the engaging way it represents a story, the video has become increasingly popular among consumers and marketers alike.
Contribution of video towards increasing the ROI of any business can’t be ignored anymore, its importance for any business is undeniable.
To help marketers make the fullest use of video marketing and draft a successful online marketing strategy for this year, we have collected 20 most relevant video marketing statistics for online marketers.
1. Online video will account for more than 80% of all internet traffic by 2020 (Source: Cisco, 2016).
2. Over 8 billion videos or 100 million hours of videos are watched on Facebook every day (Source: CISCO, 2016).
3. 10 billion videos are watched on Snapchat every day (Source: Bloomberg, 2016).
4. Periscope users have created more than 200 million broadcasts (Source: Periscope, 2016).
5. Periscope users watch over 110 years of live videos every day (Source: Periscope, 2016).
6. 60% of marketers have used videos in their social media marketing in 2016 (Source: Social Media Examiner, 2016).
7. 14% of marketers have used live videos in their social media marketing in 2016 (Source: Social Media Examiner, 2016).
8. 50% of marketers plan on using live videos (Source: Social Media Examiner, 2016).
9. 44% of SMB owners and marketers plan to spend money to promote their video content on Facebook in 2017 (Source: Animoto, 2016).
10. Videos up to 2 minutes long get the most engagement (Source: Wistia, 2016).
11. 55% of people consume videos thoroughly – the highest amount all types of content (Source: HubSpot, 2016).
12.In an average week, YouTube reaches more 18+ year-olds on mobile alone during prime-time TV hours than any cable TV network (Source: Google, 2016).
13. Videos are 6X more likely to be re tweeted than photos and 3X more likely than GIFs (Source: Twitter, 2016).
14. Video of a live event increases brand favorability by 63% (Source: Twitter, 2016).
15. Snapchat video ads receive 5X more swipe up rate than average CTR on comparable platforms (Source: Snapchat, 2017).
16. 70% of online shoppers are likely to watch a company video when shopping online (Source: Animoto, 2015).
17. Companies who use videos in their marketing grow revenue 49% faster year-on-year than those which don’t (Source: Aberdeen Group, 2015).
18. 73% of B2B marketers say that video positively impacts marketing ROI (Source: Tubular Insights, 2015).
19. Landing pages which have video can increase conversion by 80% (Source: Tubular Insights, 2015).
20. Start up companies those who use video in their marketing enjoy 27% higher CTR rate and 34% higher web conversion rate than those who don’t. (Source: Aberdeen Group, 2015)
As marketers gradually understand the utility of video, its usage increase by leaps and bound. This lead online marketers to think how they can incorporate more videos and interactive contents into their marketing strategy.
Research and statistics on video marketing reveal that people are increasingly spending time watching videos and this change in audience taste, in turn, influencing consumer behavior. But producing a quality video is a really daunting task, that seeks certain kinds of expertise and it would often be difficult to know where to begin. If you like to leverage the power of video in your marketing strategy, contact Explainer Video Agency for the video project that you have in your mind.